NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there dark matter and energy?

BenConway

Is there dark matter and energy?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is there dark matter and energy?

• Yers
    • No

Dark energy and Dark matter are two very different things. The only think they have in common is that they are mysteriouse to science, hence they share the name "Dark".

That being the case, I would suggest separating the poll so that Dark energy and Dark matter are separate.

Personally, I believe that they both exist :)

is there really dark matter and energy or have we just got gravity wrong?

I didn't vote because there wasn't a "Not Sure" or "To Early To Say" option.

I would say that the very fact that you are asking the question(s) means that we don't yet have a full enough understanding of the universe and how it works, to be sure either way.

Dark matter and dark energy work well enough for now as place-holders to make the equations work, but we will have to wait and see if they remain or are replaced by something else?

Personally, I think there is a lot more to learn about gravity. I think it may more important than any of us realise.

"Dark Matter= Protid Clouds -Seeds of Life?' Dark Field Microscopy...The Protid.

Could there be a relationship between 'protids' or 'somatids' and Dark Matter? Protids turn into almost anything...even life. They are the little tiny vibrating specks inside every cell 'called cellular debris by lab techs.' They are in every living thing including non-living things. Found in 30,000 year old limestone protids/somatids are alive yet not alive. When put in a nutrient solution they form living organisms. Egyptian mummies are composed almost exclusively of Protid 'dust.' When put in sugar water the mummy protids grew yeast, bacteria, etc. With the right nutrients and other inputs they can grow into red blood cells.

Just a thought...

Tough one. I think it depends on your perception of dark matter and energy as to wether it exists or not, much as our perception of time gives each of us a different view of its existance. If you think of the "darks" as their labels indicate them i.e "matter" and "energy" then maybe no they dont exist. However our observations certainly point towards something being present that appears to both bond galaxies together and to also expand the universe. On that basis if you accept dark energy and dark matter as purely labels for whatever causes the observed effects then yes it would seem they exist. However there is of course the possibility that the effects are caused by an already documented force that we just dont fully understand the reach of yet. I also have to say I dont understand why dark energy and dark matter need to be seperate forces, in my mind both effects could be caused by a single force.

When the option "Yes" has managed to be spelt wrong I suppose there is little hope we shall ever determine the nature of dark matter or dark energy.

I think you will find that the superfluous "r" in that option is a small projection into our reality of an alternate, parallel reality. This alternate reality is not well understood so can also be referred to as dark reality.

You will find a lot of superfluous "r's" in threads of this kind if you look carefully :wink:

With a charitable reading the OP et al, seems to be establishing a false dichotomy and explicity rules out other alternatives or the position of neutrality, or even just a humble "don't know" option. With a more critical reading one of the options doesn't really make a lot of sense - to me, at least. I mean, what exactly is a 'yers'? The nearest I can come up with is that it is a letter of the Cyrillic script :dontknow:

I believe that both dark matter and energy are pure bunkem!

They are added to "science" Because the current accepted theories simply don't add up!

And it's the now common place convention of presenting THEORY as "fact" that causes this cobblers to be dreamt up!

Theoretical scientist 1:

"I am positive that 2+2=5, but my complicated mathematics keeps saying it's 4..."

Theoretical scientist 2:

"You're so intelligent, you cannot possibly be mistaken... So I suggest that the obvious conclusion is flawed, therefore we must collude on this announce to the world that we alone have discovered a 'mystical missing number one'

Not wanting to appear dumb, all the other theoretical scientists just went along with it...

Its the "kings new clothes" all over again ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

Why is the concept of dark matter bunkum? we know for a fact that there is something there as proven by Gravitational Lensing and as we are not sure exactly what it is it has been given the name "dark matter". Simple really and does not make the science bad. It is based on the best evidence available. By its very nature, science constantly updates theories when new evidence becomes available.

Dark Matter is just another one of those inventions made to conveniently fill missing knowledge gaps. So no, it doesn't exist ;)

I thought "dark Matter" refered to all the matter in the universe that does not emit light or other detectable energy, such as dead stars, interstellar dust, etc. :confused:

he must have meant dark energy doesn't really make sense otherwise so i think its safe to make that asumption. and the are just theories got to wait for the evidence backed by exsperiments (discovery channel i dont actuall now much lol) and im glad im not the one trying to figure it out

It is generally accepted that dark energy and dark matter are connected with the expansion of the Universe in its outer regions, which is increasing, although we can not see dark matter apparently we have detected its presence by the gravitational force on objects we can see. Dark energy, as I understand it, is different and is attributed to the accelerated expansion of the outer limits of the Universe, but it is a total mystery. In the fullness of time, if ever they do find out, then I do not doubt all the science papers will have to be rewritten anyway :)

John.

Archived