Hi from another Newbie...

jazzysam

Hi All,

Finally got around to joining, after reading many of the posts with interest.

A bit about me...

My name is Sam, based in Surrey - and I play a Tenor Sax in my spare time.

I have just restarted my interest in astronomy, not having touched it since my uni days. My wife recently treated me to a Celestron C9.25 CG5 setup, as a 20th wedding anniversary present. Pretty good surprise needless to say - although I would have appreciated the EDGE HD version even more!

I've loved the visual side of things, but have been tearing my hair out at my first imaging attempts. I will be asking questions about that side of things (having read all the usual books/tutorials etc), so I apologise in advance if I ask questions that may be simplistic to guys who are expert in this field...

Thanks again for providing such a useful resource.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sam & welcome,

Very nice anniversary present there! I have recently started imaging and am also finding it very difficult. Mainly because I can't seem to see through all these clouds that keep forming over our home at night! :rolleyes2:

As I'm sure you are aware, there are plenty of people on SGL that are only too willing to help and offer advice. I'm sure if the question has been asked before then someone can point you to that post if not answer the question again.

Clear skies!

Hi Michael, thanks for your comment!

I notice you have an 80ED attached to your C9.25. Do you mind if I ask how you find it works for you in practice (I'm assuming you're using it for wide-field viewing/imaging)?

I'm wondering if that's the way to go to do wide-field deep sky imaging, rather than all the very confusing options on reducers or Hyperstar for the C9.25.

Apologies if I should have asked this in a different thread...

Archived