Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello everybody

shinok

Hello everybody :) i have been going to join this forum for a few months now, im 25 years of guy from scotland and have a fearsome passion for astronomy, i love it and always have, i don't currently own a scope as im saving up to buy the skywatcher 250PX, i have done alot of research and im pretty sure this is the one for me, Im currently waiting for a pair of celestron 20x80 skymaster to come through the post to get me started.

I look forward to speaking and learning from members with allot more experience and knowledge then me

thanks for reading :)

P.S Anybody from Aberdeen?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello shinok, good choice of scope, very happy with mine. It gives great views and is just about moveable in one piece. The 25mm eyepiece that comes with it is ok, but the 9mm is not really that great, so get saving!

Welcome to SGL.

The 250 is a lovely scope, but the bad news is that it's quite harsh on eyepieces. If you can see yourself wanting a wider range of eyepieces then you might want to factor the cost of decent ones into your future budget.

James

Hi Shinok and welcome to the lounge, binos are a great way to learn your way around the skies and will show you an amazing amount, enjoy.

Yeah the Bins i ordered seem to have really good reviews, im sure i wont be disapointed with them, just a few more days to wait :)

Hello shinok, good choice of scope, very happy with mine. It gives great views and is just about moveable in one piece. The 25mm eyepiece that comes with it is ok, but the 9mm is not really that great, so get saving!

Hi there :) yeah i have read that the eyepieces that are supplied are quite poor, have you got any good advice on some really good quality eyepiece sets

Cheers :)

Hi and welcome - bet you can't wait for that scope - nice choice!

Hi there, yeah im really excited for it to come, i see you have a flexiscope, im still deciding weather i should buy one of the or the solid tube, it's a hard decision :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I like your style in not messing about and saving up for the 'big gun' - you won't regret it! :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum.

James

HI, yeah i have been planning on buying this for the last year, i really like the look of the dobsons and couldn't really see anything else that suits me, well not anything under a Grand :)

Archived