Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 4/10/12

si@nite

struggled this morning with cloudy conditions but managed to find some gaps, this looks like the best shot so far but some more to process, they were a bit rushed and i think maybe focus could of been better. Thanks for looking!

post-16599-0-17607300-1349346327_thumb.p

Very good indeed. Well done.

I'm on the point of binning my own Jupiter data from last night. Found the conditions less than ideal and didn't really have the gain up high enough so I'm getting stacking artefacts. Need to think about cleaning my camera sensor too, by the looks of it. Loads of dust bunnies. Still, it was my first attempt this apparition and mostly as an afterthought when I'd done a lunar image, so I'm not too distressed.

James

We are truely shooting in dark now Simon, with better contrast as a result. The results seem to be getting better from everyone.

A sure sign Jupiter is improving as a target. By the 30th of Nov, we will be at 48.5 arcsecs, and brighter. This should be noticeable to all our images, being somewhat bigger, brighter, and less noisy. Both nice images here Simon. The drizzle very Natural. You do have a slight fuzz on the left lower side of both the moon and planet. I get that too from time to time, its either poor seeing, cooldown isnt quite there, or collimation needs tweaking. I tend to try and darken the background when this happens. Though it does lose a bit of limb edge in the process

Thanks Neil! i noticed the blue smudge on the lower left too,more so on the moon thought it may have happened in processing? thanks again for your input ,seems like it could be one of many things causing it.

Archived