Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first andromeda :)

Lee85

I won POW on SGL (quite some time ago) with an image of M31 taken with only 30 second subs.

If I may, you need to take some FLATS. At least some of the bright central area is caused by vignetting - the brightness changes to black in the corners very quickly.

I would suggest 20 flats - these can be done the following day as long as you leave the camera attached to the scope in the same position (focus and orientation). Get a white T shirt and cover the front of the scope, make sure that the T shirt is clean, not patterned and not creased over the front. I used to use a bungee strap to hols the T Shirt in place.

Flats remove the vignetting - or at least minimize it. You also need a lot more lights - try for 100. With FLATS and more lights, processing will become easier.

How are you connecting the 1000D to the scope? Is it through a 2" or 1.25" focuser?

Cheers

Ant

Archived