Hello from Stockport

xxxxVMANxxxx

Hi everyone, Been viewing your site now for several month's and finally signed up. Great site with so much help. I decided to register because i finally bought my first telescope last week so i will probably be posting for advice and such over the next few month's. Just a bit of info about me, I'm a 35 year old male from Stockport, UK and been interested in astronomy since i was a child but never took it any further than watching the sky at night and other astro related programs. Telescope i bought last week was a 10" Skywatcher Skyliner solid dobsonian which is a little bit of a handfull but i'll get use to it over time i'm sure. Anyway i'll leave it at that for now. Thanks once again for a great astronomy website. Speak to you soon.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your replies everyone, most welcome. As you all have said that the scope i've bought is a great scope but i'm probably only getting about 10 percent out of it at the moment. I've kind of got it the wrong way around and should have started with some decent bins, books and using my own eye's to learn new thing's about astronomy but nevermind. Just ordered the philp's "stargazers guide" of Amazon for just £4 for the hardback version to help me along and now of course i have you guy's n girls to help out also. Clear skies everyone

Archived