Hello from Rochdale

Barijohn

Hi everyone,

Well I've been lurking around the forums now for a few days, so thought it about time I joined up. Love looking at the stars but have no patience with setting up a telescope so decided to buy a half decent pair of Bins.

Ended up getting the Helios Naturesport plus 10x50's as they have a good rep and long eye relief, being a speccy it is important!

Now I am not one for knowing what I am looking at, just love looking at the wonders. Really should make more of an effort I know. Will def have to stick my head into the Astronomy Centre at Tod, driven past it loads and thought I bet that is amazing!

Now all we need is some clear skys....... oh...... well crisp winter nights will be with us soon eh?

Bari. :police:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL. It must be someone else's turn for the cloud some time soon.

James

I've been thinking that since 2005 when I moved over to Rochdale, and it feels like it's not stopped raining since. Though, had some fabulous skies during winter when it had snowed :)

I've been thinking that since 2005 when I moved over to Rochdale, and it feels like it's not stopped raining since. Though, had some fabulous skies during winter when it had snowed :)

It's not been a whole lot different down here in the south west. It has actually just stopped raining and the sky has cleared. Of course it's pretty much like daylight out there at the moment with the moon so full. Might have to get the scope out anyway.

James

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you want help learning the sky, you might want to think about downloading a free bit planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can view here. Lots of great features to keep you going through the clouds :grin: and can be configured from your precise viewing location.

Clear skies

James

Cheers for the welcome everyone!

Def looking forward to my new bins turning up on Friday, so hopefully I will be lucky and the clouds will clear off for a bit. Told the other half about the Astronomy Centre and that you can even view the sun, her comment. "That would be nice, I've forgotten what it looks like!" :)

Archived