Hello from Berlin

neptulix

Hello!

Before I'm going to start a topic about my search for a first proper telescope, I just wanted to say hi here first. :)

I am in my mid-30s, from Germany / currently living in Berlin, and once more getting into Astronomy.

It was my first and biggest interest as a child, and every since, it's been and off-and-on hobby for me, next to making music with synthesizers, my major lifetime hobby.

As you can read out of my nickname, I'm especially a fan of Neptune, which I have never seen in person :(

But I'm interested in all the planets and moons of the solar system, more than Deep Sky, which is surely great to watch as well.

Now I can't wait for my first experiences with a proper scope, after having had a cheap department store telescope as a child that was more frustrating than anything else!

Cheers!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi thre and welcome from me I spent 3 years in spandau whilst in the. forces spent msny weeks in the centre of Berlin there was some fountains,there was a church that ad no steeple wih blue windows

We would travel to Munster north snd I would sped all night looking up they had some great 40x100mm binos on piers inthe sangars ,this was back in the 1990

Enjoy Sgl and the forums

Pat.

Welcome from Niedersachsen. You will find no shortage of great advice from the people on this forum regarding a scope and anything else astronomy wise. I also love Berlin.

Nice to see some other Ex Army members. Just left after 23 years and settled here in Germany. Retired as a WO2. :icon_salut:

Hello there and welcome....

Good to see a musical astronomer, im sure there are many more here - you'll find lots of helpful and knowledgable stargazers on this forum.

Asking questions is a good way to start.

Regards

Aenima

Archived