NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Buy & Sell down?

Dodge

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm suffering the same problem.

I think I have seen this site before when trying to look at ABS.

I also have a vague recollection of Paul (webmaster) saying something about a change of domain ages ago.

Or was it something about an alternative site for if the main one goes down?

Sorry I can't be more specific.

I'm one of those who igores warnings, etc to change site if things are still working.

For the forum (hoping for explanation) I'm try to link to http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/forum/

The same debt/money site appears.

Wonder what address you 'successful' people are using?

Those screens look like the result of a domain registration expiring, and the registrar nabbing it to put a revenue-making "parking" page on it. A check on whois.net confirmed the domain record was updated today. Possibly the update is recent enough to have not propogated to all DNS servers, in which case for those who can still get it (like me), it's a ticking time bomb.

PING astrobuysell.com (184.172.165.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from gator156.hostgator.com (184.172.165.10): icmp_req=1 ttl=52 time=142 ms

I just get a 404 on visiting that IP though.

[looks like the domain name has expired hope its back soon [anyone know the owner of the site? maybe email him to get info

webmaster (at) astrobuysell.com

Someone forgot to renew the domain registration? :D

Whois shows the following:

Creation date: 28 Jul 2001 02:58:00

Expiration date: 28 Jul 2012 02:58:00

PING astrobuysell.com (184.172.165.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from gator156.hostgator.com (184.172.165.10): icmp_req=1 ttl=52 time=142 ms

I just get a 404 on visiting that IP though.

If you drop that IP address in a hosts file locally for www.astrobuysell.com you can get to the site as per normal. Or, at least, I can.

James

It's only down for those whos DNS servers have realised the domain registration has expired : it's still working fine for me.

The owner (who will be awake shortly I expect) will realise there's a problem pretty quickly and get the domain re-registered as they have a grace period in which to do so.

Bit of patience, it will all be back up and running soon I'm sure :)

Archived