Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cumbria Starparty 7 2012

Hi All ,i have the pleasure in anouncing CSP7 to be held over the August Bankholiday weekend Friday 24th August to Monday 27th August 2012.

All enquiries and booking via myself Mike Chastney (Demon Barber) as Nina (Delilahtwinkle) has dropped her laptop.Ooops!!!!!!

I will pass along any messsages asap.

Arrangements will be the same as previous csp`s ,please see previous post`s.

Here`s hoping we get as good weather as we had for csp6.

On behalf of Nina we look forward to seeing seasoned and new stargazers alike

Regards

Mike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve,

Leeds Rhinos appear to conflict with star parties!!! Is this your 2nd visit to Wembley within a year?

Anyway, hopefully you will be back home for Galloway 4 in November.

I am not sure whether I can make the Cumbria party.

Cheers

Adrian

this could be my first star party [need to talk mrs about it [on holiday 13th till the 20th and on call that saturday[25th] but may be able to get cover for that] have a tent ,sleeping bag ,scope [goto 200] and some beer and deoderant anything else required [have my cossack hat so my lugs will be warm lol][

mike

sorry have made a mistake with my dates [we have a wedding that weekend [thought it was the weekend i'm off ] need to check my diary more often lol .hopefully catch the next one [i'm only 100 miles away ] so its easy to get too.

ps my names dave

Sadly, not going to be free for this one.

Mike - I've sent you a pm.

Enjoy yourselves.

John

its like the old football one "is john coming out o play? no " ok then is his scope coming out :grin: "

Hi Mike,

I hope to arrive on Thursday afternoon and leave on Tuesday just before lunch.

Reg is also planning to attend.

I will pack whiskey, beer, Jaffa cakes and a red torch.... and may be one or two other things that may spring to mind!!!

Glad that Rob is going, he can explain his article in this month's Astronomy Now,

I think it was excellent and exciting to see what could be achieved on a tight budget.

I trust that there will be a repeat of the May Sunday evening steak meal ( Cumbria SP 6 ).

It was great shame some of the folk had to leave early and miss it. Tom, you cannot miss it a second time, mate!!!

Incidentally Mike, are you proposing to ban petrol cigarette lighters in Vango tents?

We can decide the Thursday night meal when we arrive.

Trust we get the same weather as in May, that would be great.

Cheers

Adrian

PS, Steve if you need some stargazing after being to Wembley you are welcome to join us.

I am gonna try and stay on the Sunday night this time Adrian. i was gutted at missing the steak meal, but work was calling and the Work Boss is a pain (unlike the Home Boss, who is just lovely)

Glad you are bringing Jaffa Cakes - it wouldn't be a CSP without them. : ))

I missed the reference to ciggie lighters in Vango Tents - what have you been up to Mike?

Do I bring pasta for Friday? Bolognese okay?

Tom

Hi Phil,

If you remember at Sunday lunchtime (CSP 6), while we were all outside Mike's beautiful new tent watching Rob and co repairing the scope's drive,

we heard this loud bang inside the tent. On inspection we found bits of green plastic, inter-mingled with clear plastic inside the tent.

It was a petrol cigarette lighter inside a plastic box that had exploded in the heat.

On packing up on Tuesday morning, we found a piece of the lighter embedded in the restraining webbing in the roof of the tent.

It was luck that Mike was not in the tent when the lighter went bang, as we could have been joyfully extracting plastic from friendly Mike.

I suppose the lesson is don't store petrol in any form in a tent.

Hope to see you there in the expected brillant sunshine and clear sky nights!!!

Cheers

Adrian

If you remember at Sunday lunchtime (CSP 6), while we were all outside Mike's beautiful new tent watching Rob and co repairing the scope's drive,

we heard this loud bang inside the tent. On inspection we found bits of green plastic, inter-mingled with clear plastic inside the tent.

It was a petrol cigarette lighter inside a plastic box that had exploded in the heat.

On packing up on Tuesday morning, we found a piece of the lighter embedded in the restraining webbing in the roof of the tent.

It was luck that Mike was not in the tent when the lighter went bang, as we could have been joyfully extracting plastic from friendly Mike.

Hi Adrian

Now you mention it I do seem to remember a slight pop. :grin:

See you there. ~ midday Friday

Hi Folks,sorry if i seem to have neglected me duties---- i`ve not been feeling great and to round off a lousy week i tried, no suceeded in drilling a hole in me thumb,and spent a pleasant 5 hours in cas.

Thanks Tom for offer of pasta/bol

Thanks Adrian for explanation of cryptic reference-----can`t a person have any secrets!!!!!!!

Robbie you will be sorely missed,i`ll be having words with Ant! Enjoy you trip and see you in Galloway

Guy nice to hear from you ,it must be your turn for a round? Let me know when you will be arriving.

Pete,thanks for the well wishes and am looking forward to catching up with you and David. Oh and thanks for your concern. :Envy:

ATB

Mike

Archived