SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Baader Classic Ortho Review!

Damo636

Thanks for the link. It's good to hear BCO is equal to BGO but potentially have higher transmission.

It suggests Chinese optics has caught up with mid range Japanese optics and possibly surpass the KK's Circle T.

Hopefully it will reduced the used price of BGO.

bet you would lol

Well, I can but hope :) If the BCOs turn out to be as good as the BGOs then at the prices they've been advertised at I'd say they're a very good deal, but they don't appear to have anything between 18mm and 10mm so I'd not be surprised if people keep the 12.5mm even if they "upgrade" their others, but you never know; there might be someone who "just wants the set" and sells their BGOs off regardless.

James

They sound very interesting but Karsten makes a good point about exercising some caution. Very small spec changes in the final production items can make quite a difference to performance.

If the production items are as good as the units reported on and hit the market around £50 a go then they could really be winners for the non-spectacle wearers. 50 degree FoV, larger eye lenses, better ergonomics and comparable performance to BGO's would make the BCO's very compelling :smiley:

Oh, and another acronym to remember - BCO's :rolleyes2:

Thanks Damo. I always regretted letting my BGO's go but wanted to hold off getting anymore until there was more info available on the BCO's. Is there any ideas of a release date or are these still in there early stages ??

The 10mm is just the size I want - perfect!

Another eyepiece to my collection, sigh...

ep purchase can be never ending! just when i thought i had all i want, i find im wanting more circleT`s looks like the 25mm is going to be next

• 2 months later...
Three new Baader Classic orthos, a Plossl, a barlow and a turret are set to land here in the UK soon, probably November.

HTH,

Steve

An affordable (I hope) eye piece turret at last!! As a microscope user during the day it's god to see this for telescopes. Any idea how much this turret will cost on its own?

I have a nice set of BGOs that will fill this nicely

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With all the eyepieces I have i should really try and find room for one of these, they don't take up much. Baader Genuine Orthos, do they make a 7mm? I think 5mm may be a bit small on eye-relief.

Alan.

Hi Alan just my 2 pennies worth, I managed to pick up a BGO 6mm from FLO last week and I just checked the site and it appears the 7mm is in stock also. Don't know how up to date the availability is on the site, but think these will soon be very hard to get hold of new. Looking forward to a BCO review.

FLO have kindly offered to send me a set of the Baader Classic Ortho's to review for the forum as soon as they are available :smiley:

I agree re: the Baader GO's and I feel they might become somewhat sought after soon. With used pricing to match no doubt !

Archived