Greetings from a new member

AndyPandy

Hello everyone!

I have actually been browsing these forums for a few weeks because I stumbled upon them when I was researching buying a new telescope.

I actually haven't used a telescope for something like 25 years having been a keen astrophile in my early childhood and early teens but I am 40 next week and have found myself looking skyward again now the distractions of early adult life are on the wane :D

So for my 40th birthday after much lurking in here and after talking to the ludicrously helpful Martin at FLO I ordered a Skyliner Dob 200P. It arrived this morning and I have already set it up and it's ready to go. On Martin's advice I also got myself some Astro Film and to my delight a few gaps in the cloud have let me already view some great sun spots in glorious focus.

I can't wait until some clear night skies come along and I can turn it on the rest of the solasystem, galaxy, universe! :)

So that's me saying "hello", I'll report back when the night sky has been kind, exciting! I've no doubt as a 'born again beginner' I'm going to get a great deal out of this community. My only experience even back as a kid was a pair of binos and a decent quality 60mm refractor so I've plenty to learn!

Clear skies everyone and look forward to picking your brains soon :)

Andy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Pandy? Didn't you used to be on TV? No. must have been someone else :grin: :grin:

Great scope and as you have already discovered FLO are good with advice as well as selling you goods.

Great fun looking through a solar filter isn't it - thought the memory is getting a bit dim after weeks of no sun down here :smiley: :smiley:

Only tip I say is be patient do not try to look for evey thing in one night,choose your targets and stick to the there's plenty of mods you can make to your dob and they will help get your self to a club that's the best place to learn

pat

Archived