SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anyone else been lusting after this refractor ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn right - been trying to pursuade the missus that this is just what i need to go with the new TAL - this and a decent pier and an obsy :). Fortunately sense prevails (and the wallet definitely says not).

Know what you mean about that mount - very precarious looking :eek: !

it's a beat for sure. the price is actually very good when you consider what's with it. not for me though. those legs get in the way.

I thought the price not bad either but still well beyond my current means, unfortunately. I'd prefer it on a simple heavy duty fork alt-azimuth mount and a tall pillar I think - a sort of "vintage" look :smiley:

Me too. Bit nearer for me than Alan, but I'd love to come up to see the scope, Keith.

As for that big cruxis dob, I could lay it on its side, put a shroud over it and my tent problems for PSP12 are sorted ;).

The achromat really looks great, but I'd go for the dob too. After all, great as it looks the frac is a 6", It is not going to show anything that my C8 cannot show. For that kind of money I could get a C11 (or a new 16" dob), which would be far easier to transport in the car. I cannot see the 6" F/12 at 2m length fit easily in my car (a Renault Espace), unless I put the wife and kids up on the roof rack (and I guess they would protest, even though the youngest might say "COOL!!!" ;) )

Archived