New Member in South Dakota

Hugh B

Hi, I am located in the Black Hills of South Dakota close to Mount Rushmore. As a science kind of guy I have read here and there some on Astronomy but am now interested in actually learning something. I just purchased a new Celestron NexStar 4se with the built-in computer. Just arrived today!!!

I am hoping to learn from you folks here. I guess I can start by reading up on the many posts already here.

Hugh B

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the lounge Hugh. I spent a couple of months a few years back in the Black Hills area, and have never seen as many stars! You have just about the best skies for using that new telescope telescope, enjoy the views.

andrew

I just happened upon this site while looking for an astronomy forum. Decided to join based upon all the activity here. I take it that this forum is based out of the UK?

I just happened upon this site while looking for an astronomy forum. Decided to join based upon all the activity here. I take it that this forum is based out of the UK?

It's UK-based and fairly UK-centric, yes, but there are quite a few subscribers in the US and Europe as well as other parts of the world.

That's right Hugh,good old cloudy UK. lol.

Welcome to the SGL forum,everyone is friendly & helpful, just ask away.

Enjoy your scope and clear skies. :-)

Hi Hugh and welcome to the forum. There are plenty of "stickies", primers and tutorials along with the questions and answers within the sections to get you started. No such thing as a daft question but the odd answers might well be! :D

Clear skies for now,

James

Archived