SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Transit Of Venus - Through The Clouds

astroman001

Hi all,

I got up at 4.30am BST, the sky was promising but there was clouds low down in the NE where the sun was rising. Still I stayed out, took a few photos of horses in the next field to me and a few cloud pics, then suddenly at around 05.35 BST the Sun broke through for a couple of minutes between the clouds and I managed to capture the attached image. I did manage to get two images, but this was the best one. The clouds actually add a bit of atmosphere (no pun etc). The image was taken with a Canon SX210 compact camera at max x14 zoom on a tripod, I think the exposure was 1/1250 sec at f/ 5.9 so I am doubly pleased to have got such a sharp image. I enlarged, cropped and tweaked in Photoshop.

Best regards

Peter

post-3874-0-62923300-1338973333_thumb.jp

Very nice capture and you're right, the clouds really does give it a different aura around it! I'm happy the clouds finally cooperated so you could experience the transit. I had pristine skies but I know many out there were completely blocked out of the show. :(

Isabelle

Archived