NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

And the current forecast for the Venus transit is...

JamesF

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care :) I'm still going to set up on the hill, with a gazebo over the scope, and hope for a break in the clouds. Our forecast keeps switching between rain & showers, but for a once (twice) in a lifetime opportunity it would be silly not to.

I can at least see first & second contact on telly before going out :hello2:

Yep, I live in Alberta Canada where its clear for over 90% of the summer, and for 2 days starting on the 5th its all rain. I would have to drive for 10 hours before I could get even get a chance to view... maybe it will change, you never know!

I'm usually up just before/after dawn.

A lot of the time I seem to catch the sun just before it rises into the clouds....

All we need is a clear strip of sky at least ten degrees from the horizon.

Still looking for a good spot to set up...:hello2:

I'm still (right now in fact!) planning where to go, a set up routine and what to take so nothing gets missed. As I'm driving about two hours to the coast I don't want to get there and discover I left the solar filter in the house :)

I'll start getting depressed if the weather forecast still says rain for Weds when I get up on Tuesday. I thoroughly expect to spend Tuesday moping about the house complaining at anyone who'll listen. :hello2:

Not that it matters for me, there is no way that I'll be able to get hold of a suitable solar scope before Wednesday due to the multiple bank holidays between now and then. My only hope is to be able to make it Keele on the day and attend an event they are holding for the transit, need to sort work out though as they want me in at 6 am on that day :hello2:

Well I shall be set up at my selected site with a couple of like-minded optimists ,

Shan't give up hope just yet , seen some seriously inaccurate weather forecasts ih my 50 years , especially long-range.............

Lol. Now there's a thing. Do you have to be "of a certain age" to know what a stair rod is, these days? Let alone to have lived in a house that has them...

James

Archived