Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi.....Nervous new member

BeattieBabe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Fiona and welcome the only thing that scares me is the low flying barn owl that takes the same flight route it is silent and a hope you get used to the dark ,get the other half to help out

Pat

Hi Fiona, welcome to SGL...I only got my scope at Xmas so I have been asking all sorts of questions! Everyone is really friendly and helpful with any issues or questions you have.

Enjoy your scope and clear skies :hello2:

Dan.

Hi Fiona

No need to be nervous about joining this forum its full of really nice friendly people and you will get lots of really good advice and help so you have come to the right place. I joined back in 2010 and its been a fantastic place to make new friends and learn more about the night sky I'm sure you will have great time and learn loads :):hello2:

Nowt to be worried about fiona, unless you mistakenly call the hobby astrology, then someone may bite your head off......just kidding all a friendly bunch on here and willing to help, i`m new to this as well and have learnt alot on here, have fun

Hi

Im new to this forum and i am a bit nervous about posting as I have never joined a forum before.

I have been interested in Astronomy since I can remember. I lived in the countryside most of my life as a child and just remember the amazing night sky free from light pollution. BUT.....I didn't like being outside in the dark so didn't really take advantage. (Still don't like it much now)

I have been using binoculars for year but got my first scope last year (Skywatcher 114mm 500m). I have seen some great things and will never forget my first view of Saturn and Jupiter.

I hope to become a regular in this forum and hope I will be able to get loads of advice and hint and tips in the future.

Fiona

Hello Fiona,

Welcome to the Lounge. :p

Here you will find some cool folks happy to talk about our favorite passion or hobby in a friendly manner. So feel free to post or reply as much as you like :)

The sight of Saturn is the most impressive memory for everyone I believe :eek: It's kinda like the first kiss, a milestone or something very special anyway. :hello2:

See you around the forum :mad:

Clear Skies :D

Hi Fiona, welcome to SGL. I was never a chatty type and I had never really participated in a forum before really until this one but I'm embracing it and its working well. Ask anything you like you will get an answer.

Welcome to the lounge, I too, as many others 'lurked' and was shy of joining (at first!:)) and took a while to register to 'gob off' (sorry guys :hello2:)...

You'll find it Ok here, like minded peeps sharing info 'n' pictures and all that good stuff, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to SGL Fiona.

If you don't like being in the dark,buy yourself a torch with a red filter,that way you can use it to view books/charts etc without destroying your night vision but if you need to use it in an emergency then flip the red filter off etc

Hi Fiona, Welcome to SGL, this is a great place for astronomy. If you have a question, feel free to ask as there is somebody out there who should be able to help you out, I have found out from personal experiences. Enjoy your time here.

Peter

Archived