Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 - Luminance

SteveA

I've just started on this image of M81, kicking off with 3 hours worth of 300 sec subs.

Still needs more luminance data and RGB, but reasonably pleased with progress so far.

250mm Quattro/Atik 314/Guided. Simple stretch and HDR wavelets in PixInsight.

M81L1_3005.jpg

Awesome detail! Would love a Quattro... what corrector do you have? Or do you not need one with that sensor size?

I'm using a Baader MPCC...although I'm not entirely sure its necessary..

I did and still do get some odd star shapes (there's plenty in this image)...and started using the MPCC to try and correct, though clearly its not entirely down to coma...I suspect its more down to some guiding issues, but still havn't managed to entirely eliminate these....:hello2:

I'm pretty pleased with this image so far...and of course the image scale is perfect with this target...

Steve

A fantastic result so far Steve, looking forward to the colour.:hello2:

Mike.

Me to!

I was looking forward to continuing this over the weekend, but it looks like its going to be rained off....damn weather!:)

• 2 weeks later...

That looks to be a real pearl of an image in the making Steve. I'm also looking forward to seeing the RGB added. M81 also responds well in the Ha channel. just a thought on your stars have you got the back focus spacing correct from your mpcc to the chip? although your stars look good to me.

That looks to be a real pearl of an image in the making Steve. I'm also looking forward to seeing the RGB added. M81 also responds well in the Ha channel. just a thought on your stars have you got the back focus spacing correct from your mpcc to the chip? although your stars look good to me.

I think so yes...I spent a fair while mucking around with spacers and have got just about as close to the 55mm as I could...

Still working on the lum at present and managed to capture another 90 mins over the weekend...I've just had a quick look at this extra data this evening and to be honest I don't seem to be getting much more detail, so I'll be starting on the RGB and Ha and the next possible oppoprtunity.....hopefully soon..but who knows with the current weather!... :embarassed:

Archived