Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 in two scopes.

ollypenrice

Yves and I are working on an M13 in the ODK14 but I thought I'd revisit my 2 year old data from the TEC140, which I badly over-processed first time. This is an all-new process of that data plus, just for the core of the cluster, I rescaled an hour's worth of luminance in the ODK14. It did improve the core.

I love that little spiral, top left.

Full size; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=1865487975&k=gxWkD8D&lb=1&s=O

M13-TEC-ODK-X2.jpg

Brilliant image (as usual)! Olly, (maybe a daft question) is it possible that after 2 years some of the stars have moved a little or would it need hundreds of years? I mean moved (real motion) enough that it could be detected in such a high quality image? I am not sure how the alignment/registration works within the stacking software but I assume it's the best result across the greatest number of aligned points.

Tony.

Brilliant image (as usual)! Olly, (maybe a daft question) is it possible that after 2 years some of the stars have moved a little or would it need hundreds of years? I mean moved (real motion) enough that it could be detected in such a high quality image? I am not sure how the alignment/registration works within the stacking software but I assume it's the best result across the greatest number of aligned points.

Tony.[/quote)

I doubt that at this humble resolution much will have changed. However, Bob's image took me back to colour calibration and I found I was far too blue. Let's try this, which is a bit nearer the Hubble version., (In terms of colour, that is!!)

Olly

M13-TEC-ODK-CC-WEB2-X2.jpg

Thanks all. I'm pleased with this one and am looking forward to trying one just from the ODK. However, I'm very fond of the TEC because it is so easy. When I prepare an image for Smugmug I have to shift the Gamma point to the left and this messes up the background sky. However, I think I sussed out how to avoid this no so here, I promise, is the final version!

Olly

M13TECODK-V3-X2.jpg

Amazing resolution there lads, nice to see combined and reworked data. Tip of day, never throw away any data..

The colours are gorgeous and agree the little spiral really adds to it.

Don't think there is much more you could do on this image mate.

Humm

Im not sure here, I prefer the background on the first but the star colour of the third, the back groud on the third looks brownish on my screens.

Either way all cracking images!

Hi Olly

M13 through you big Dob is still a sight i will never forget never mind images that scope burned it into my retna :( had to wait for dark adaptation again

but i do love the photo remix though

Archived