Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Hull, East Yorks...

Momentous

After looking at the night sky for the best part of 20 years and thinking, "I wonder what that is?" I've finally decided to find out. I'm now the proud owner of a Planisphere and a pair of Celestron binoculars!

I'm still mostly wondering what stuff is but now I can see things a bit closer and I'm now trying to find out WHAT they are. And where they are (still getting lost and confused at the moment, my first ever stargaze was last night and was mostly me saying "Er...I think that's Venus, these binoculars are good but I need a tripod, why doesn't this Planisphere/IPad app match what I'm looking at?").

So, early days yet but things can only get better I guess!

Hi to you all and thanks in advance for any help,

Steve.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Steve.

It's not that long ago I joined up, and reading the posts has helped me a lot. Don't be afraid to ask questions - the only stupid question is the one you never ask!

Steve (also from Hull (HU3))

PS Today was first light for my 6SE, and first astro-image too! Have a look in the Imaging/Solar section if you're interested.

Welcome to SGL Steve.

It's not that long ago I joined up, and reading the posts has helped me a lot. Don't be afraid to ask questions - the only stupid question is the one you never ask!

Steve (also from Hull (HU3))

PS Today was first light for my 6SE, and first astro-image too! Have a look in the Imaging/Solar section if you're interested.

Just had a look, really impressive! I just have binoculars at the moment so I'm starting small. If the bug bites then I'm sure a telescope's next!

I just have binoculars at the moment so I'm starting small. If the bug bites then I'm sure a telescope's next!

If you've ever looked up in a dark-sky location, even (especially?) with the mk.1 eyeball, you've already got the bug. The question is, how bad have you got it!

:)

Steve.

PS If you fancy a meet anytime, PM me.

Hi Steve and welcome to SGL, it is quite amazing what a pair of binoculars will show and at first you soon get lost, but stick at it and you will soon find your way around the Constellations, Sky and Telescope`s pocket sky atlas is worth getting to keep at your side as a reference together with a red torch of some kind :)

John.

Hi Steve and welcome.

If your after a cheap telescope, a guy on gumtree in Scunthorpe is selling one for £70. If he still has it, its a good starter one. Skywatcher 130 eq motorized.

Good luck

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

Archived