An introduction

VeraS

I am new to astronomy, have very limited knowledge about science related subjects but do have time and a desire to learn. Think it will be not so much a steep learning curve but a vertical line! Never mind - I like a challenge......

Mount and scope on the way :clouds2:. More about that later.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello veras and welcome to the lounge.

I hope you enjoy your learning about astronomy - as you say a steep learning curve - but you will find that it is sometimes a very frustrating pastime, and at others a very rewarding one as you reach and surpass milestone after milestone before moving further along the upward slope. You say that you have the time, so don't try and rush it, just let it all sink in.

There are plenty here that can answer you question when they arise, so don't feel inhibited about asking them - people who do astronomy are, in the main, a friendly and helpful bunch. Good luck.:clouds2::)

Archived