Hello everyone.

Paulus17

My name is Paul,i am from Birmingham and am very new to this.

I have had an interest in astronomy but have never taken it seriously,but after buying a Nikon D90 DSLR camera recently i took some star shots,after Googling for ages on how to do it, and have been bitten so i would like to learn more:)

I would like to take images using a telescope with the camera attached but it seems a minefield as to what to get:confused:

I have been looking round on the net and i kept coming across posts from this forum so decided to take the plunge and join in.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum.

I would have a good look around the imaging section, and ask those guys n gals lots of questions. I'm sure they'll put you on the right track.

There are quite a few different types of imaging and all have different requirements.

Regards Steve

Hi and welcome to the forum. If imaging is going to be your interest, than you might want to consider getting hold of Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) It will tell you all you need to know, like what kit to get and why you need it to take good consistent images. As well as being modestly priced, it could well save you money by helping you to avoid buying the wrong kit. Its very popular on the forum and certainly worth a look.

Clear skies,

James

Hi Paul and welcome aboard. Have just started out in astro photography myself. Got lots of help from the fine folks here. When you're ready, post your Q's on the beginners advice forum. You may get more responses there :(

Scott.

Archived