NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big box on the doorstep - Gobsmacked!

UK_Steve

This morning there was a loud knock on the door, and the dogs went nuts. Fighting my way to the door, I opened it to find a delivery driver standing there. Now, there's nothing too strange about that, I order stuff from eBay all the time. What was strange was that I hadn't ordered anything.

Behind the driver was a large cardboard box, much larger than the stuff I normally buy. It had 'Celestron' printed on the side...

After making sure the name on the box was mine, and signing for the box, I took it inside. My partner looked at me, smiled, and said "open it Steve, it's yours!"

Inside the box was a brand-new Celestron Nexstar 6SE :D

Words can't describe the feelings I have for her at the moment, and the shock that I feel.

It must be time to start buying new accessories :(

Steve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great Mrs. I'll show this thread to mine tonight and maybe I'll get a nice new 10" Newtonian at some point to upgrade my SW Explorer 130 (which I had to buy myself).

Well done :D

Scott.

Hahaha wow! :D Congrats on your scope Steve!

Sounds like your partner is a keeper! :(

Im in the same boat as the others, i get a smack up the ear if im lucky! lol (thats a joke shes great!) lol

Cor.. some people have all the luck.. nice scope, did you discuss with your partner what you wanted or was it all her own work? Nice choice anyway:icon_salut:

She had been talking on Twitter to some companies, and one of them suggested the 6SE. She asked me what I thought of the 6SE, as "one of my mates is thinking of one for her bloke". I said that it's a great piece of kit, he's a lucky guy.

I didn't figure out at all that her 'mate' was her, and her 'mate's bloke' was me!

I'm definitely keeping her... <3

(I couldn't find a love-smiley!)

Steve

Hi UK_Steve,

Congrats on your new scope (and having such an excellent supportive partner!). Let's hope they forgot to ship the nearly inevitable clouds with the box... :D

Look forward to your first light!

Well happy for you Steve but this is just the start of the spending, remember to spend some on the Mrs from time to time or you find your support out of the window, the dinner in the dog and the bags packed hahaha.

All the very best buddy, enjoy using the 6SE

LOL

Seriously though, the 6SE is a great scope. Get a dew shield first and then a zoom EP !

Agreed Spikey. The first things I got for my 6SE (from FLO). However, unlike me, do not drop your new zoom ep onto a concrete patio!!!

Good for you Steve.

Now if you had posted this on Facebook, I could have posted a link from her-in-doors's page to it and I would have found out if she loved me :D..............................or not!!!!:(

Archived