Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Evening

batesy71

Hi guys. Have been browsing SGL for a while now and thought it time to join.

I have been fascinated by the night sky for many years.

Now I finally have my own house in a small village away from the light of the town, I have recently bought a 114mm scope as recommended for beginners.

I have also had the good fortune to be given a TAL 100RS 100mm refractor by my boss who could never get the hang of it.

Judging by reviews of it, that will prove to be of much use in the future.

Clouds and rain forecast for the next week, though. :)

I'm from North Lincolnshire, so if anybody can recommend any dark sites for future observings, please feel free to pass them this way.

Alan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI Alan and welcome to the forum. Can't think what is so difficult about using a refractor but clearly someone else's pain has been your gain and TAL make very good optics indeed!

Wishing you clearer skies soon so that you can put that TAL through its paces!

James

I think he expected to be able to point at an object and see it in all its glory straight away.

Just popped out for a smoke and i can see the plough down to leo with a tad of high cloud. hoping it clears, even if only for a short while

Al

Archived