NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

newby hi

sparkly

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sparkly and welcome to the forum. Some good advice above about taking your time. I would add by saying, all the specifications and technical descriptions won't mean a thing unless you have some thing to hang them from. By that I mean we all have our own expectations of what we want and what will satisfy our interest and so part of your research could include attending a couple of public observing events to actually look through some of this gear to see if does what it says on the tin. By doing this, you will quickly establish a baseline of what you want (...or need?) in order to decide upon an appropriate budget.:) You might want to think about joining a local astro club as many of them are able to lend equipment out which will give you some actual "in the field" experience, life setup and cool down times and actually finding some of these objects out there - a way of dipping your toes in without necessarily spending the cash.

If in any doubt about something, please put forward your questions no matter how silly they may sound, (..I should know, I have asked most of them:D) and there will be plenty of experience here to help you.

Clear skies for now.

James

Archived