Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lidl 10x50 bins are back, 9th Apr...£16.99

WayBig

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a shufti today and did a bit of an aperture test as well. 10x42. Standard United Optics BA! fare with Lidl's own branding. They've also had the sense to stick with BK7 glass for the prisms and not use the phosphate crown that is hawked as Chinese BAK4.

How do you keep them still enough? Even leaning against my house I can't use binoculars for anything.

Obviously a tripod is the best solution and if it is a camera type (pan & tilt) attach the binos so that they are facing towards the handle of the tripod head as this will give you greater elevation. If you attach them so that handle is towards you (as you would do for a camera, you will have a problem reaching high elevations towards the zenith. If you haven't got a tripod then you could simply rest them on a broom with the brushes uppermost though I would recommend covering the brushes with some old cloth to avoid getting any dirt on the bino's objective lenses. Lastly if none of the above appeal, then you might try holding onto the binos with your hands nearer the objective end rather than near the eyepiece end - does seem to cancel out a lot of the wobbling about. Hope that helps.

James

Bought a pair from Lidl this morning, an in shop test showed no obvious problems. I have no qualms about unboxing them if intending buying, if the binocular was faulty I would bring it to their attention, if not, out with the wallet. :smiley:

I saw these in Lidl today so bought a pair without looking at them first. (As I'm an astronomical virgin I wasn't sure what to look for). Got home and had a read of SGL. Followed the advice and found that there seems to be an air bubble in one of the interior glass elements! They're going back tomorrow.

I bet you turn up at Toga parties dressed as a goat :D

haha very good. You think i am disxe - dixlecl- cant spell right :p

Anyway. Went to Lidl straight after last post and got a pair. They seem perfect but am going to check them out again later to make sure.

i've just bought a set too and followed the link for binos on the previous page and they seem to have passed with flying colours. also they are light enough that my 6 year old can use them, so they will get plenty of use when out wallking.

After seeing this thread & quick mention to my old man about them on saturday he rang me up today to say he'd just picked the last pair up for me in Oldham.

Top man.

Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Kenny

Archived