Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from the SW (ish) UK

Aronnax

I'm taking the plunge (again) and getting the old scope out of the loft after a house move and various other things...

That's the plan anyway, dust is literally settling in the house with some building works, so as soon as that is complete, it's all hands to the pumps.

So, I thought I'd try and pick up where I left off a few years ago and get back into looking at the night skies with more than my eyes!

Been into astronomy sice I was small, but this has mostly consisted of eyes only observing, which has given me a good grasp of what I expect to see when I look up at night.

Recently though, I've been wanting to see more and have a good few hours standing at the eyepiece again, and try to see if my memory of the skies is what I think it is! It's been a little while since I looked at (a very small) Saturn with it's rings and a few satellites, and the bug has bitten hard.

I think the telescope I was using put me off a bit, but now I know a bit more about how things work, and will persevere to make it work for me.

So, I'm going to be digging out my old 4.5" reflector on its rickety equatorial mount and tinkering around enjoying the sights.

I expect, and hope, that I'll be asking advice along the way about who knows what, so until then... clear skies.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived