NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

8" reflector £46 on eBay

sanmatt

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a auction so it will probably end up being much more expensive. It's also an F4 with what I believe to be spherical mirror. i.e. EXTREMELY hard to collimate and the view will be poor even if you got it collimated

Best Avoided.

Found this post on another forum from someone who bought two Optrons 8", although quite why he bought two of them who knows, but he doesn't sound best pleased.

"I have bought '2' Optrons telescopes ( 8") from e-bay!! both are only fit for the trash heap!! I feel so gutted for spending in excess of of 500 pounds on a company I wouldnt **** on if they were on fire!!

After purchasing one from ebay I consulated a respected advertiser Astronomy mag. and they said they had never heard of them!,,,,,, well there u go ,,,, I wish I had that advise b4 buying one! I am now stuck with two telescopes which aint even fit 4 the bin!!!!!"

John

Found this post on another forum from someone who bought two Optrons 8", although quite why he bought two of them who knows, but he doesn't sound best pleased.

"I have bought '2' Optrons telescopes ( 8") from e-bay!! both are only fit for the trash heap!! I feel so gutted for spending in excess of of 500 pounds on a company I wouldnt **** on if they were on fire!!

After purchasing one from ebay I consulated a respected advertiser Astronomy mag. and they said they had never heard of them!,,,,,, well there u go ,,,, I wish I had that advise b4 buying one! I am now stuck with two telescopes which aint even fit 4 the bin!!!!!"

John

Haha so when he was told that a professional astronomy magazine had never heard of the manufacturer of his purchase, he then went and brought another. Ends and bells come to mind. Why do some people think they are just owed all advice, and that there is no requirement on their part to find out a little background info. Deserves his plight in my opinion.

Haha so when he was told that a professional astronomy magazine had never heard of the manufacturer of his purchase, he then went and brought another. Ends and bells come to mind. Why do some people think they are just owed all advice, and that there is no requirement on their part to find out a little background info. Deserves his plight in my opinion.

Always do your research BEFORE the purchase.........

NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR TELESCOPE 8" 203mm OPTRON | eBay

Not sure how bad the dent might make things but might be a good bargain?

At best, an expensive make-up/shaving mirror.

Rather spend your money on a barge-pole so you can practice not touching telescopes branded by Optron and Seben, and binoculars branded Sakura (plus a few others) with it.

Archived