Hello from Scotland

turbolord

Hi,

New member here. Just got my new newtonian from FLO and am dying to get out tonight with it and my Canon 10D. What do you think I should try and photograph?

I live in Edinburgh and work as a Engineer. I my degree's are in Laser Physics but this is the first time I've tried astronomy.

Thanks,

Mark

See my shiny new scope below:

post-33637-133877748354_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very nice scope, congratulations on getting the new set up and welcome to SGL. :)

If you would like to get observing and/or imaging out of the city check out the link in my signature, I'm a member of a very active observing group in Central Scotland, you would be more than welcome to come along to an observing session or two. :)

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum. Clearly you are interested in the imaging side of astronomy, so to that end may I recommend Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count"(Flo £19.99). A very comprehensive guide on how to generate good consistent images be it from imaging the moon and planets to the more complicated deep sky objects (DSO's). There is a very good review written about this book within the equipment review part of this forum that will attest of its usefulness - many here have a copy of it.

Hope the weather plays ball on your first outing and look forward to seeing the final results.

James

Archived