Hello everyone

Assalitore Notturno

Ciao to all you guys,

I'm Salvatore, I'm italian (sorry for my bad english) and I'm 32. I would like to learn something more about what is every day and every night above my head. So I just joined the community having just received this morning my very first telescope.

It is a OMNI XLT 120

Diam:120mm

FL:1000mm

Eyepiece:25mm

I've never had a telescope in my hand and this morning was so excited.

But I'm already experiencing, I guess, a big problem.

Just after I opened the box I was concerned.

The part of the tube that hold the objective seems screwed in bad way and the in total the tube seems bent.

As I said I have never seen a telescope and i don't know if that I saw is ok or not and I would share with you some pictures.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong and it is normal or at least I hope that I can fix it. Please I need support for this. How can I show you the pictures of my telescope (I'm don't know how to use the URL)

Thanks in advance for you help

Ciao

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Salvatore

A warm welcome to the SGL, The tube of you scope should be stright not bent

the packing was not good enough, I would send it back

please let us know what happens

clear skies

Doug

in Essex UK

Hi Salvatore and welcome to SGL, that is bad luck, but it certainly sounds defective and should be returned straight away, after you have taking some photos of the condition of the scope after unpacking :)

John.

Hi Salvatore,

A warm welcome to SGL...

Sorry to hear that you have issues with your new telescope, please let us know how you get on with resolving the problem....

I'm sure everyone on here would like to see some pictures of the damage...so please try and post some pictures...

Hope you get this sorted quickly...

Steve

Hi,

My name is Richard and I have been interested in Astronomy for more years than I care to remember. For most of that time it has be a purely academic interest until I bought a Meade LX90 8" goto some years ago. Even though I lived in a built up area I spend many a happy night star gazing until a neighbour decided to put in security lights that went on at dusk and off at dawn ruining my night sky completely. I then sold the telescope and went back to just reading up on the subject.

Now I notice that the towns in this area are putting 'downlighters' on all the street lamps giving a better view of the night sky - and I too have moved so am no longer bothered by the neighbour mentioned above.

I have now joined the local Astronimcal group and my interest in getting a telescope has returned with the purchase of two OTA's; a SkyWatcher 120 startravel short tube refractor and a Revelation 80 Apo. Now I am looking for a mount but cannot make up my mind as the whether to get the Skywatcher EQ5 GoTo mount, or the Celestron CG-5 GT GoTo. They seem very similar but also look very different - if anyone has any info on which one to get, I would be pleased to hear from them

Looking forward to taking part in the community

Archived