Hello from someone just getting started

Galactosa

I've been lurking on this site a lot recently, whilst I was pondering what scope I should get as my first and have continued since it arrived a few weeks ago, It seems like a great forum with a lot of members who seem just as interested in star gazing as me (but with a lot more knowledge!) so I thought it seemed like a good idea to become a member and introduce myself :). My name is Callum, I live just outside of Edinburgh and have been on earth for 22 revolutions around the sun! :headbang:

I've been interested in the night sky for a long time (in the past this would mostly be in the form of being in complete awe at how beautiful stars looked whilst drunkenly walking home after a night out at the weekend.) More recently though, I started watching a few of the "Wonders of..." series presented by the legendary Brian Cox and then "Stargazing" a few months ago.

I got my first telescope (an Orion XT8) a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Not only have I enjoyed using it but also showing other people in my family jupiter and its moons or saturns rings and seeing the reaction they get from learning about the planets and stars

My girlfriend is really into all things astonomy too and hopefully this scope will be passed down the generations of our future family, giving a great experience to all who use it! :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived