Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Naming your telescope

MrTreyLynch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The C8 is sometimes called HMS Suffolk, the little kids' 4.5" minidob is now the "Daring", the 80mm and bins are the corvettes or sloops. I used to do some model shipbuilding. If ever I move to an 11" it must be called Scharnhorst, or Seydlitz, a 12" "Dreadnought" a 14" would become "King George V", a 15" either "Hood" or "Warspite", and a 16" "Nelson". More usually I just call them by their aperture.

Very strange, me and the other half normally name everything, Boris BMW, Spartacus the Street Ka.......

Stu

I'm disapointed, you missed a trick there, should've called it Desire :D

I haven't got a name for her yet, but she's most definately a her. She's great to look at, I am happy to spend the night with her, and she costs me a small fortune.....

You are all ever so slightly weird, some good names though. I've never really been into naming inanimate objects. I did have an Alfa Romeo that a friend named Uckle because the last 3 letters of the reg were UKL, what I sometimes called it though gritted teeth would never get past the swear filter on here. Best car I've ever owned though!

Stella!

oi! Mine's called Stella. :D

(not very imaginative are we? lol)

eta- The Alfa Romeo is called Alfie, the Smart Roadster Coupe is just Smartie, the Westfield is Westy, and my Santa Fe SUV is called 'Jose from Santa Fe'.

You are all ever so slightly weird, some good names though. I've never really been into naming inanimate objects. I did have an Alfa Romeo that a friend named Uckle because the last 3 letters of the reg were UKL, what I sometimes called it though gritted teeth would never get past the swear filter on here. Best car I've ever owned though!

Being slightly weird is par for the course for those going out into the freezing cold at night, I would say :D

Archived