Hooray for no street lights

nckjsmitj

Hello all. I got into this because my other half gave me a telescope for Christmas. Now I'm I to eyepieces and star maps and have remembered why as a child I found Patrick Moore so scary 'cos he still is:D

The one thing I used to moan about in my village was the lack in of street lighting, but not any longer. Now that I'm a convert I think we should switch the lot off after 10pm:headbang:

I've only got a small scope, but size doesn't matter, allegedly!

Hello all.

Hiya.

The one thing I used to moan about in my village was the lack in of street lighting, but not any longer.

Retracting my friendly hiya just about....now! :)

Sounds great - the perfect conditions to explore the skies in, jealousy setting in a little. :)

Hi and welcome to SGL, I think your idea of switching off street lights at 10pm is a tadge on the early side, 12 midnight would be better, we don`t want to be falling over in the dark on our way back from the pub, do we :)

John.

Hi and welcome.

Only have 2 streetlughts in our village (new style with side shields) so no LP here.:)

Neighbours security lights set off by cats, foxes, badgers, rabbits and the occasional gnat breaking wind is another story. Totally ruins my night vision.:) Gonna develop a cataract at this rate.

Archived