Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stray seeks new home...

Jenkinio

Hello All,

So, a bit about me....!

I've always had an interest in the stars, the universe and science in general, but only recently taken the plunge and bought a scope - Skywatcher explorer 130m - and was immediately hooked, so much so that I decided to upgrade 1 month later to something with greater aperture, so I'm now the proud owner of a 200P & eq5.

I live in a moderately light polluted area, but so far still managed to locate some amazing views, including jupiter and 4 of its moons, andomeda (much easier to find withthe 200p), Orion neb, and a few others. I'm now seeking some of the harder to find DSOs and hoping for the clear skies that have alluded me for a few weeks.

My eventual aim is to build up an astrophotography rig, once I manage to persuade the boss (wifey) to let me spend lots of money!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah get ready for the rows with the Boss, ive just had 1 with my "Boss" i won of course, but im in the dog house for a bit mind you, but worth it i think! :)

LOL Welcome to the forum btw!

hi jenkinio, welcome aboard.. im new here myself and although as a complete newbie to astronomy ive found it all a bit overwhelming i love it here and check in a few times a day.

one word of warning tho.. being here will cost you money... i joined up lookjing for advice and ended up spending WAY more than id planned... but after seeing jupitar for the first time i dont regret a second or a pound of it :)

one word of warning tho.. being here will cost you money... i joined up lookjing for advice and ended up spending WAY more than id planned... but after seeing jupitar for the first time i dont regret a second or a pound of it :)

Hi and welcome to SGL.

I think we all are familiar with the above statement.:)

I've been costing up an astrophoto rig and it's amazing how quickly the numbers go up! You think you've worked out what you need, then you fing out about another piece of essential kit..... I need my son to be older so I can send him out to work!

Hi Jenkinio and welcome.

I see it took a month for aperture fever to take hold, as all here will tell you there is only one (albeit temporary) cure and you've taken the first dose

Archived