Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The waiting is nearly over...

imarcs

Just checked my work email and found an email from Michael at Sumerian Optics regarding my 10" Travel Dob

After a little over 3 months planned waiting for the build to be completed, its going to be finished this week. WAHOOOO!!!!!! First pictures will be posted as soon as he sends.

Top Man - kept me well informed all along the way. Very excited now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 10" "travel" Dob?. Is that one that folds down into itself into almost nothingness?.

Alkaid - Sumerian Optics

That is soooooooooo cool. Nice prices too.

Whats the weight?

The Travel Dob is more like the Propus model.

Propus - Sumerian Optics

Not that sure about the weight, but its very manageable according to other owners i contacted before ordering.

My Dutch is OK, but the assembly instructions are produced in English and using photos of your actual scope - so truly bespoke.

Watch it with the prices. All of them except the travel Dobs are priced excluding optics and focuser etc.

Watch it with the prices. All of them except the travel Dobs are priced excluding optics and focuser etc.

By "Optics" you mean the mirror?.

Thats not good...............scopes need mirrors.

Best go for the all inclusive "Travel" model. At those prices......................you cant go wrong.

These scopes look like works of art. I am very impressed.

The Travel Dobs are a complete package, with no options. As you say Luke - "All inclusive" and represent the best deal.

The other models, you buy the scope, and select from his list of options he can supply or supply your own and he assembles the lot. But as you can see that can get very pricey.

The Travel suited my requirements perfectly so i went for that. At that time he was also willing to add a moonlite focuser at cost for me but due to demand i think he will not offer this anymore so he can concentrate his energy in the right places and retain the hand built nature of his products.

Archived