Hello from the Lincolnshire Riviera

JohnM

Hello all

My name is John and I live about 5 miles from the glorious golden sands of East Lincolnshire.

I have been interested in astronomy for ever and have owned a number of modest scopes over the past 15 years.

I had a brief attempt at astro photograhy about 5 years ago, when Meade launched their first DSI imager, but for various reasons I never really got everything to work together and gave it up as a bad job.

Then about 18 months ago I bought a WO 72mm megrez and decided to try again. This time, with the right basic tools, things seemed to click and I am enjoying this absorbing hobby more than ever.

John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi John and welcome to the forum. If image is your new mission, then you have certainly come to the right place as there are a number of people here, who judging by the results, certainly know how to get those cosmic wonders down on paper! Imaging represents a steep learning curve at the start but none of it is difficult, its just getting to grips with a lot of information which naturally includes the processing side too. Nothing that a nice healthy wallet can't cure!:):D

Look forward to witnessing your efforts when you get going with it.

Clear skies

James

Archived