Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got uranus and neptune from sutton bank,my last planet was mercury which funnily enough i got with binos and naked eye.

Damian just do a trip to the south coast for the saggitarius messiers as they were the only ones i didnt get from up here.

Should only take one trip if you go at the right time of year ;)

I definately want to get out alot more up the dales,northumbria and a few trips to galloway and a few to the isle of wight

Just make sure it isn't raining when you go. :smiley:

Ill be trying to perfect my guiding for doing longer subs and getting more detail in my photos. Gotta try to bottom this out then I plan to do a messier picture chart with my own pics, so might need to head down south with you guys to get the last few :smiley:

Ill be trying to perfect my guiding for doing longer subs and getting more detail in my photos. Gotta try to bottom this out then I plan to do a messier picture chart with my own pics, so might need to head down south with you guys to get the last few :smiley:

That's my plan too Paul want to get all Messier pics in to one folder then when that done start on other ones Caldwell Etc.

Think I've got images on about 15-20 messier so far it will be hard project tho with then very low down ones, will be hard to image. Also I've found out it works just as well doing short subs Paul and stacking them.

Hoping to get images off all planets too.

This year I am doing the same as last year - NOT hunting messiers, just enjoying the beauty of the things i see :grin:

as most of the beautiful objects are messiers,it does go hand in hand. But i am avoiding tick lists and just happy to spend some time looking at my chosen objects and possibly studying the moon a bit, as thats something easily tangible to do and show my daughter together with pictures and movies of the lunar landings and stuff - puts it into perspective and makes it a bit more 'real' for her. I might even start doing some sketching too.

I'm also looking to get out more, starting with Kielder in August (is kielder nearer / easier to get to than Galloway?) and then hopefully a trip to Sandringham castle in autumn. Looking at the LP map, Sandringham looks fairly good, except to the west with Kingslynn in the way.

Oh, and once I have a more practical vehicle I'll be able to pop down to winscarr more, as I cant always borrow the wifes jeep and my 90 would shake my scope into its basic components :Envy:

My plans are to get to grips with Astrophotography, I am doing a an Astrophotography course on 20th July, after that I am going to knuckle down and work at it! I hope to get some decent images by the end of the year.

Kielder is a bit closer than galloway.it takes me about 3 1/2 hours to get to galloway and about 2 1/4 hours to get to cawfields so i would say kielder is another half hour or so but its a more winding route.cawfields has a similar sqm rating to kielder and hawes isnt far off and thats less than 2 hours away

My plans are to get to grips with Astrophotography, I am doing a an Astrophotography course on 20th July, after that I am going to knuckle down and work at it! I hope to get some decent images by the end of the year.

What course is it your doing and where was looking for something like that myself.

Archived