NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame I can't join you all tonight I have just marked 31 pieces of biology coursework and am now wading through 16 pieces of astronomy coursework got to get them marked for tomorrow. I'll go in the garden later if I get the chance it looks amazing out there!

Shame you'd not said earliest crash I'd have come up.

There seem's to be some clouds appearing from the south?

I've not set up but if it looks good at 10 I may have an hour.

Cheers for scoping it out Crash. Looking forward to a clear night this weekend perhaps, as just finished work and looked outside, what a disappointment! Good luck in Cyprus Damian.

Kept bobbing out to the garden last night and it look like crash said a lot of high wispy clouds :( hope the weekend clears up, especially Sunday as I have to stay up anyways :)

Have a good time in Cyprus Damien.

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

Not a happy bunny just been out into garden to set up and my scope not playing ball.

Can't understand it seem to be miles off on my star alignment can't figure out what's wrong, if I've knocked something packing up on Saturday night or something all date and time was correct and mount was level hope its not something serious :(

i know it 6 months away - but i keep thinking about my next scope and keep thinking of a goto, but the more posts i read the more i am leanimg towards a big dob, with all the problems people keep reporting...

i know it 6 months away - but i keep thinking about my next scope and keep thinking of a goto, but the more posts i read the more i am leanimg towards a big dob, with all the problems people keep reporting...

yes BIG DOB is the way forward. much simpler ,easier and quicker and there is always SW synscan dobs.

Cheers guys just having my first beer and I think the clouds have come with me!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you this weekend.

Are you having a KEO? That's a favourite of mine when on me hols in Cyprus!

Was drinking Keo Sammy, its cloudy here but warm.

Had a bit of an accident last night on the way home tripped over and now I'm sporting a bad cut on the bridge of my nose and loads of bad grazers so not a good start to the holiday! Hey ho that's life, what a picture I look at present!

Hope the clouds clear for you

It's been clear here tonight and I found my eye's drifting sky wards picking out the pointer stars and locating a few constellations.

The beer goggles were definitely on Russ but my feet had lost communication with my head so weren't functioning at all! Silly me

I'll try to have a look at those images Kieran

I hope the weather picks up for you guys

Archived