Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Hello Kieran

Finally got the post thing sorted, i can remember having problems on here for some reason but can't remember why? thinks its something to do with how long you've been joined?

Sutton bank was good the other night with crash, really dark but just the little bit of light pollution from the north but more from the south. I may try further east into the north york moors next time we're out that way?

Theres quite a group now and monday was a fantastic meet and good to meet a few new faces and some familiar ones too.

Is that saturn shot one of yours?

Damian

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyprus will be great but i think the only stars i'll be seeing is the ones walking back from the bars and the hangover ones the next morning ha ha!!

I'm sure to have a look though.

We went to sutton bank, really easy to get to and you could see the dust lane through the milky way at about midnight.

Just had a phone call off my ex and sounds like i'm not having my girls this weekend so i'll be out this weekend although i may cancel my holiday for tomorrow afternoon and just get out after work.

Sorry I didn't make it out last night....it looked cloudy when I last looked so thought it would have been a wasted journey. So I spent my time trying to get my head round doing astrophotography!

Hi Kieran nice of you to join us. We have got a really good group now....we also have our own mobile cider distributor (aka soupy :-) )

I hope we have clear skies this week as I have some new Meade EP's to try out.

How did you find Sutton bank the other night crash sounds good there just been reading up on it on Internet think I'm going to take a drive up tomoz night and do an all nighter up there.

Can you manage to make out the Milky Way it says on net it's got great dark sky status.

I was just thinking the same myself earlier on today Rich. Could get a hall for some meets and discussions once a month and when it is cloudy, invite members of the public etc. for talks and what not, as well as having dedicated observing nights again open to the public, but having our own meets as well. Would be brilliant and with all our combined knowledge well we could do most of these ourselves.

glad you enjoyed winscarr Kieran, think we all now have dark sky envy!

Be careful on your own Russ you never know who is lurking in those bushes :shocked:

Damian I am sure Cyprus will lure your eyes skywards I'd say take binos at least. Hope you enjoyed the cider, seems like Paul did :drunken_smilie: don't forget to save the bottles for me

I was just thinking the same myself earlier on today Rich. Could get a hall for some meets and discussions once a month and when it is cloudy, invite members of the public etc. for talks and what not, as well as having dedicated observing nights again open to the public, but having our own meets as well. Would be brilliant and with all our combined knowledge well we could do most of these ourselves.

glad you enjoyed winscarr Kieran, think we all now have dark sky envy!

Be careful on your own Russ you never know who is lurking in those bushes :shocked:

Damian I am sure Cyprus will lure your eyes skywards I'd say take binos at least. Hope you enjoyed the cider, seems like Paul did :drunken_smilie: don't forget to save the bottles for me

Kieran if the weather is good I'd make one for going up north whether it is sutton bank or the dales?

I'd have to take some advice from crash on where he went.

The cider was, to a lager drinker refreshing soupy I've still got a bottle left so will bring the empties with me on the next meet.

I do think its about time we see about making up a society for us all to be members of and then we can approach places for observing rights lime maybe get a key for winscarr sailing club after dark etc

I would be up for that too. And as has been said it was another good meet and I look forward to the next one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Well I've made my mind up taking a trip up to Sutton Bank this evening to check out them dark skies.

Sorting out all equipment this aft charging batteries etc hoping to get some good images anyone feel free to join me if you have time :)

Well I've made my mind up taking a trip up to Sutton Bank this evening to check out them dark skies.

Sorting out all equipment this aft charging batteries etc hoping to get some good images anyone feel free to join me if you have time :)

What time are you thinking of going up there kieran? There's a couple of places further on I'd be interested in checking out.

Sunset is about 10pm and Sunrise is about half 3 Russ

I think the best viewing time should be around midnight to 2? So just depend's on what time you want to get up there?

Weather dependant of course hope its as clear as Wednesday night.

Archived