Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

I'm hoping you all have a great clear night. I had a pass to come up at 8.00 even though little boy and girl had been sick earlier. Then just as I'm getting ready to go at 8.30 misses decides to get sick! Pass went out the window then :huh: Knock out a few Messiers for me.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think its about time we see about making up a society for us all to be members of and then we can approach places for observing rights lime maybe get a key for winscarr sailing club after dark etc

Definitely up for that, guys. Sure we could find a place to meet maybe monthly? And maybe we can get some tips from another society.

Definitely up for that, guys. Sure we could find a place to meet maybe monthly? And maybe we can get some tips from another society.

Think this calls for a sit down so we can hash everyrhing out, hopefully at the next meet we can everyome who's interested there to work things out. That or we go to the pub :D

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

Just in from a great night out at sutton bank.

Company was excellent and the clouds held off all night, so off to bed for me then go through my notes to tick off a few more messiers.

Sorry you missed it soupy.

If we did the society thing maybe we could use huddersfield obs with there 16inch meade scope or batly park and there 15 inch reflector they both do club bookings or we could build or own somewhere lol

Just in from a great night out at sutton bank.

Company was excellent and the clouds held off all night, so off to bed for me then go through my notes to tick off a few more messiers.

Sorry you missed it soupy.

Just got up LOL and the missus has that kind of scowly ,what time did you get in look going on :smiley: . Yes Damian it was a very good night viewing and thanks for the help. Going to google star maps now and get one ordered. The sky was nice and dark and the milky way looked very good. Can't wait 'till Kieran publishes his Images as they looked like they came out really well. Thanks for the company guys.

sorry I missed this, hope its clear night for you guys :-) Did you guys go to Sutton bank ?

Yeah Sutton bank Paul and a real shame you couldn't make it.

I ticked off another 5 messiers and had a good chat with the other guys.

Pleased to help Russ and was excellent walking through from Benetnasch at the handle end of ursa major through to M51.

Kieran got loads of data and was particularly taken by the darkness of Sutton bank compared to the light pollution of Brighouse.

I struggled finding M71 and couldn't resolve M32 in Andromeda although I did manage to pull out M110 which took some time.

The time just flew and Russ said he was leaving but didn't get away for another hour after that point!

My night was ended with seeing 6 deer at the roadside in separate places on the way off sutton bank.

Wonder if the Gliding club will sell us a plot of land ha ha!

Probably did see it then crash but i'll reserve judgement till i look again.

M71 was difficult mainly because i'd picked up on the wrong set of stars to walk through to it and also last thing i looked for so i'll say i was tired.When i found brocchis cluster (the coathanger) and stepped over from there i nailed it easily.

Maybe the last session i get before cyprus but was a good one.

And there you go Russ the Cassini Division showing!!!!

Yep so it is. I might just have to get a webcam and try a bit of saturn imaging. nice shots btw ring nebula has come out well.

Glad you had a great night....sounds like sutton bank is a very good site. Just to add to other comments, we have a great group here....I think a society would be a good idea....we just need to discuss details such as location etc.

As the weather is looking good, is anyone out tonight ?

Some good images there kieran and i'll agree on the great group bit.

I'd not noticed Dean but as BT says it's good to talk.

I might get chance to do a bit of viewing later if the sky stays like this?

Images look good Kieran. Glad it was a good night for you all I was busy cleaning up... :icon_puke_r:

Damian are you going to winscarr later. If wife is up to it I might venture that way. Think i deserve a night out after the past few I have had :smiley:

Archived