Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed it Russ and had a good time despite the injury which is not looking too bad now?

Up for work tomorrow at 5 so I need some quality sleep.Going to be difficult without the Keo!

last night was awesome near ossett - absolutely crystal clear, sorry you werent so lucky crash.

Ended up spending about 2 hours outside and 3 bottles of black sheep (not keen on riggwelter) before i went to bed. Managed to spot 4 clusters with the bins and also managed kembles cascade - but only just and most of the line was washed out due to the low horizon and lp. But it was definitely there. But it was cool just panning about and learning the sky.

as for my op - fighting fit again, sort of. Just flocked the scope too so i am hoping for a clear night tonight to see how the flocking affects viewing in my LP back garden.

Riggwelter is lovely, I'm a bit of a fan of Black Sheep.

I've been getting into the Ossett Brewery stuff recently. The Yorkshire Blonde is very nice as well as the treacle stout

sounds like we are turning into Wakefield Alcoholic Society not the Astro soc! :grin:

Get well soon Nick, and glad to see you have returned safely Damian.

looking forward to next night out, just ordered myself a small Orion short tube 80mm Frac with Star Shoot Astroguider so cant wait to set it up and give it a go see if i can start doing longer exposure images, but will have to wait till christmas to see if wife will allow me to get a nice new CCD to replace DSLR, but it will do for now. I am sure it will also do as a very portable small scope to take on hols as well so well pleaseed with the purchase.

does anyone know if the Astroguider can be used as a basic imager cam as well? if so i should be able to get some pretty decent planetary images i imagine :smiley:

I'm healing well now Soupy and no more silly accidents thank goodness!

Think we've all been out spending! I've just taken the plunge and bought an 8mm Televue Ethos eyepiece so will be eager for a session out to compare the difference between that and my BST's?

Not sure on the Auto guider as a basic imager without seeing the destructions though? I've read a few reviews on this and it sounds a pleasure to use so fingers crossed you'll get some excellent images :grin:

It arrived today... Only ordered it Wednesday night, had a 10% discount to use at telescope house, that is great service. Looked at the instructions and I can use it as a 400mm telephoto zoom lens for my DSLR as well using t-mount adapter so pretty chuffed. Might have to use it as initial finder scope yes Nick and take other one off to try to keep weight down. It's only a few kg extra but just want to be sure to keep scope balanced as its tracking.

now I am also salivating at your new televue will be interesting to see the difference Damian.

That's quick and good service soupy.

You've not seen the meade super wide hand grenade that Pauls got!!

Some dark skies needed for us all by the sounds of it.Be interesting to compare with the delos that Russ is buying?

I thought I'd read it was the same eyepiece somewhere? but its definitely bigger (physically) than the ES one as I can recall?

The 70mm will be a good finder for your next Dob though crash :grin:

I'd say huge and it has a great view just like that ES of yours. Found a site to mail large files by the way (mailbigfile.com) how I sent that deep sky hunter atlas to the printers as my memory stick wouldn't work and the guy told me about it, worth keeping a note of. Up to 4GB!!!

Archived