Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Just picked up my new RACI and been loaned a 25mm celestron x-cel lx and a celestron 13mm Ultima LX to try out as I'm looking into buying a new set. just need the blumming weather to pick up now so I can try them.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see how they compare Russ when you finally get some clear sky to try them on.

I've had a look at those images Kieran and well done.Did you find your shutter cable.

I'm healing but its a slow process wish I'd had the scope here this morning was clear and the light pollution is no where near as bad at home!

Was very cold in garden Paul but still managed just over two hours, bagged M94 M89 and M53, then concentrated on trying to get some imaging done of Saturn and the crescent moon! :smiley:

i went out for a couple of hours last night and had a bit of a mixed bag,

saturn was lovely, as was the moon. Must have spent about an hour on them and really enjoyed using a decent achro x2 barlow (purchased without SWMB consent or knowledge) with my tmb 9mm ep. Saturn even held up to the barlow and meade 6.4 ep - but it was a bit shakey and popped in and out of focus a lot due to the atmosphere.

Had a quick gander at a couple of clusters in hercules and decided to have a stab at M104 sombrero. No joy at all. From Algorab i went up 2 stars, then up to a triple, then up and left to a really small triple (think there is 4 with averted vision, but may be wrong) and then left a little bit and it should have been there - unless someone moved it or my map was wrong! - nothing. So looks like 5" aperture and too much LP washed it out to nothing. grrrrrrrr! Suppose it doesnt help its very low on the horizon.

So not giving up I had a stab at Bodes seems its overheard. HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT WITH AN EQ MOUNT? I wrestled and twisted and I just could not get the mount to point where i wanted and star hop in a straight line so vertical! Went to bed frustrated.

Nick

Sounds like some good viewing was had over there.Although sounds very cold

I picked out a few stars last night over here but didn't manage too many as we were off out on our last decent night.

I've found the EQ mount really tricky to star hop with Nick.It's quite hard to work out which control you should be moving to get the right direction!

Back to blighty tomorrow and the cut is healing but not fast enough.Maybe o.k. for the weekend?

i was out last night in garden and got a couple of decent images stayed out till about 2am untill cloud pushed in that is heres link to images i did last night. M51 (Whirlpool) 13.05.13

M57-Ring Nebula 13.05.13

M57 Ring Nebula 13.05.13 (Crop)

also got a new IR filter today top of the range one so really want to try it out on saturn at the weekend should be able to get some great detail from it also when we get a nice clear night would be great to meet up and see everyone.

Weather now looks good,im going to be out up north yorkshire above kirbymoorside or sutton bank if i cant find a good of road spot between kirbymoorside and castleton area.morning off work so i will be out untill light :)

Blimey Mr Hard Core :smiley:

unfortunately i underwent some minor surgery today so cant get the scope out this evening, much to my annoyance as its beautiful out there.

i think an hour in a comfy chair with my bins will have to do, so gonna grab a bottle of black sheep and go out.

have a good eve if you are out.

nick

unfortunately i underwent some minor surgery today so cant get the scope out this evening, much to my annoyance as its beautiful out there.

i think an hour in a comfy chair with my bins will have to do, so gonna grab a bottle of black sheep and go out.

have a good eve if you are out.

nick

mmmmmmmm Black Sheep, have you tried the Riggwelter?

Just got home guys and if I wasn't working tomorrow and feeling so shattered I'd have had a trip up north Yorks myself.

Hope the weather stays good for anybody that manages a session out.

Hopefully you'll be back to fighting fitness Nick soon.

Archived