Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Wow,a full week!im off to france for a week in october climbing and im taking the scope!next april im going to see if the girlfriend fancies the canary islands and then i can hire a scope and get better views of all the sothern objects.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No good tonight and can't make tomorrow night Damian as I am out with work :sad: but I am off all next week. Half term so I can see some observing coming up! Fingers crossed for dark skies.

By the way I have contacted the federation of astronomical societies and got a brochure for setting up and running a society if every one is still up for this I can get the ball rolling and start planning an inaugural meeting. :smiley:

Oh went to the alps last year and the skies were black as night (excuse the pun) so should be good, if you get the chance grab it. Wish I had taken scope, but possibly next time :grin:

That's a shame you'll not make it out although the weather isn't looking kind.

I'm up for it still soupy and never knew there was a federation?

Also off all next week so fingers crossed for some clear weather.

I hope it changes through the day Nick as its wall to wall cloud here still?

I'm still up for tonight hopefully get a really good session.Just got my new eye piece so looking forward to seeing through it.

Keep my fingers crossed and we'll have to have a few ideas on the name crash.

yeah, its clearing the cloud away nicely. The breeze should drop later as it cools down.

But either way, I have my list of targets for tonight! All clusters and doubles around hercules, ophiucus and cygnus seems the moon is up and making an appearance. Fingers crossed it'll work out and I'll get a few ticked off my list without the moonlight spoiling play.

I'm going for similar stuff nick, messiers in Ophiucus, Scorpius and a few others to back track on just for the fun of using the star chart and pick them out without goto. What time are you thinking of getting up there? I was going to go up for around 9 so I could get set up?

Yeah I'll put to for that crash! it just washed everything out tonight.

Me and Nick called it a night at midnight.Even M51 was barely visible due to that much moon light and the wind was strong too

Nice to see Nick again and have a chat, and I got to try out my new eye piece which is really good especially when you take the focuser end cap off!

Archived