Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Just been out in back garden with scope and bins had a few problems to start with knocked finder out of alinment couldn't find anything till I relised what I had done sorted and found saturn awsome sight tried my carboot eyepiece 50p for a palossi 5mm work fine but the slightest of touches on the scope and it looked like I was in an earth quake hope all that are out tonight have a good night hopefully I will be able to make the next meet

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been out in back garden with scope and bins had a few problems to start with knocked finder out of alinment couldn't find anything till I relised what I had done sorted and found saturn awsome sight tried my carboot eyepiece 50p for a palossi 5mm work fine but the slightest of touches on the scope and it looked like I was in an earth quake hope all that are out tonight have a good night hopefully I will be able to make the next meet

He an hour and a half in garden, wife brought sick child to me to sort out so had to cut short. Managed M64 black eye galaxy and M63 sunflower got a few images but not that cracking need more exposure and darker skies. Hope you all had a good night.

had a great night a winscarr.....just myself and damian...and a few wispy clouds. It got really dark around 1.30 and we could start to see the dust lanes in the milky way. I bagged a few messiers....but not as organised as Damian and didnt write them down. But from memory I saw M13, M92, M44, Dumbell and ring nebula...there were others but can't remember. I tried out some new meade UWA 5000 EP's...the 30mm is now known as the hand grenade...due to its size :-)

M63 is one of my favourite galaxies,it shows amazing detail even at low magnification.

Added a few herschels and a few more caldwells but im all at sea messier wise until june and then a 10 month wait for M83 to come back round

I finally got in at just gone 4 and most of the stars had begun to fade into the dawn light.

Had a great night up there with Paul and his refractor.Must say that 30mm Meade eye piece is probably the biggest i'll ever see! as i joked last night i wouldn't like it thrown at me!!!!

Sorry to hear some of you couldn't make it and hopefully you'll get out next time.

I added just one messier to my tally which was M15 (glob in pegasus)

I tried my best for M72,M73 and the saturn neb at the end of the night, but i just couldn't make them out as they were low down and the LP on the horizon just washed them out.Definately in the right place with the star chart but no chance!!

I spent quite a bit of time retracing my steps over the other messiers to tick them off manually which i'm actually finding a fantastic challenge on the EQ mount.

I may manage an hour out later when i'm all packed and ready for Cyprus but will miss my scope :sad:

Hope you have a great holiday Damain very jelious will see you when your back. Sounds like you had a good night last night just a shame I can't get over to Winscarr during week with having work next day. Hoping to get back up Sutton Bank at weekend weather permitting if anyone intrested.

I'm off out tonight for a bit too - I can sleep on the train to London tomorrow morning before my meeting :-) Just need a nice 3mm ultra wide for viewing Saturn - unless someone wants to pop round later and drop off a 10" SCT...

It's a great night for it I've just a few more bit's to sort out and tea by that time it'll be 9ish and just right for a viewing session.

May have a ride up to winscarr just for an hour.

Shame you can't make winscarr Kieran but I'll definitely join you up sutton again

Archived