Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Its the one by the building site before the sailing club gate thats locked on a night.i try and avoid laybyes as ive nearly been blinded on several occasions :(

Yeah I've had that too, I don't know if there's a car park near Harden reservoir, which again is just north of Winscarr.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I can think of crash is the other car park by the reservoir or the slip road that goes down to it?

Stonemonkey I posted a pic a few pages ago but yes it is that small car park before the sailing club.

The only thing I can think of crash is the other car park by the reservoir or the slip road that goes down to it?

Stonemonkey I posted a pic a few pages ago but yes it is that small car park before the sailing club.

Cool I'll have a look for it, I know the other car park can get quite busy on a night or at least it used to, so you'd need to be aware of car headlights.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Is that the carpark at the other end of the resevoir and dam wall just off dunsford road?considering checking this out on my way to see if its a better horizon.

Yes sorry, corrective text is a pain. It's a bigger car park so more often used.

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

It's shielded by hills more than the other car park.

I think it has south and south west views as the hillside come's out from the car park side?

In a dip so maybe not brilliant but its only 5 min's from the other car park.

Just seen the weather and looks like it will be clear and dry around 9 tonight, hopefully this wind will drop.

Well Dunsford road runs almost Nw to SE so if you can somewhere at the tip of the slip road to the other car park, somewhere near Harden reservoir you would be near enough a top of the hill. But it's years since I was there so I can't tell you how good the views are.

Its got Google street view and looks a little more elevated than the other car park, but views east are blocked by the trees and hillside as I've walked over the hill with my two girls a few weeks ago. You can only get so far along the car park as there is a gate across the road like the one to the sailing club.

Best place I can think crash for a definite southern horizon is the hole of horcum car park north York moors as its high up and no restrictions on view south?

It's a fair drive though about half an hour further on than sutton bank?

Can get you 3 messiers in a minute with bino's,theones in auriga and another 5 are easy enough in leo and 2 in ursa for sure.all scope dependant ofcourse.

Sounds a bit closer than hawes,tbh i dont mind travelling.may nip north wednesday but will be winscar area tonight :)

Will get out early and check the harden res site out to see if its gated or not

Just had a look at google Street and from what I can see it may have a gate, but there's quite a long drive way leading to it that may be ok.

Can get you 3 messiers in a minute with bino's,theones in auriga and another 5 are easy enough in leo and 2 in ursa for sure.all scope dependant ofcourse.

Sounds a bit closer than hawes,tbh i dont mind travelling.may nip north wednesday but will be winscar area tonight :)

Cool, well I only have a Skywatcher explorer 130p, so I know I wont get any of the fainter objects but if I can make a start with it I'll be happy :D

Archived