Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've my girls tonight soupy so I won't manage to get out.

Was a good viewing session to say I was just in my garden. Picked off another couple of the messiers.

Looks like the clouds are rolling in again stone monkey but maybe worth the risk?

Last night was, and wish I'd gambled on winscarr for darker skies and maybe a bit of a chat with soupy but that's the British weather!

Wish we had gambled last nigh Damian, but Neva mind lets how hope for next week Monday or Tuesday, as Wednesday is now out for me. Want to get some good viewing. I got a new 2port cigarette socket with USB ports delivered today just need to work out how I will connect it to new power pack I'm building. :-)

I finally got Saturn! Wow!. But, laying on the grass pointing the 'scope through the trees is not ideal!

I couldn't get a photo. Maybe too dim for my webcam to pick up. (Or just poor aim!)

I'll keep my fingers crossed soupy and I'm sure we'll get the usb/cigarette socket adapter attached, does it have a cigarette plug on the other end?

I went away from the cigarette plug as I didn't find it reliable. I've got the crocodile clips with the cigarette socket on which you can plug straight in if that's the case?

Or you could change it to a jack plug and I have both the socket and plug for that too.

Next time at winscarr we'll get it sorted.;-)

P.s. I sneaked out for an hour after my girls went to bed.

Noticed a big difference in the first half an hour the sky contrast changed considerably when the moon made an appearance.

Got another couple of messiers but was wasting my time after that so just viewed Saturn although I couldn't make out much detail.

Cheers Damian, I have attached the USB/cigarette hub to the box, battery from Nick is in as well, I am just now waiting for the other cigarette sockets to arrive from Hong Kong and I will attach them to the side of the box, then it's a matter of wiring it all up I think :smiley: I will bring it tomorrow night and if you have the socket with the croc clips on it I will give it a go.

Pint bottles are always welcome Nick. Did you try the cider then?

Weather permitting I'll be there from 8 onwards, sounds like we've a good meet planned, no problem soupy I'll bring all the kit and the soldering iron too as if I'm set up early I'll put it together for you ;-)

Archived