NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mapstar, I have the sw200pds and heq5pro, great set up, a little chunky and heavy but very stable, you will need plenty of boot space to bring it out and about safely. I was always told Best going for the best mount you can afford as you can always upgrade scope easily enough, mounts tend to be much more expensive.

Cheers Soupy I'd read in your signature what you had so thanks for the verdict on that and advice. I've an audi estate so think I can fit it in what ever I end up with, dob or otherwise? but its gonna have to arrive soon as the stars keep tormenting me!

Just been out for a couple of hours and decided to set up where the caravan usually sits as its now on the drive, secluded by the garage and caravan on 2 sides. Lovely!

Never really looked north a d east and there is so much up there! Damn this light pollution ! So much so tantalisingly close but ever so not quite! Grrrrr. Quite a few averted vision almost smudges and I couldn't tell if they were really there or not, there and gone in a blink.

God I'm looking forward to some clear skies at Clumber!

Cheers nick.I'm still undecided, want something that's portable and a bit future proof as I know i'll want to attach a camera as my sis has a superb SLR I can borrow from time to time.Good on you getting out and seeing something wish I could

Mapstar - if you go for a dob you wont be able to image. You need deep pockets for deep sky AP.

Or the patience of a saint as you save for the kit :D I would go for the 200PDS and at least the EQ-5 mount. You'll have good start if you do decide to do AP.

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

Thanks to everyone in the dob and eq mount camps for their advice. I think I've settled on the mount and scope route so just a case of picking them up and joining you guys for a few pointers as to where I should be aiming it to see some great stuff.

On nights tonight (why does work get in the way of things aaaarrggghh!!!!) but I've been to winscar today for a walk with my two and it looks good up there to me wish, could join you tonight.

Not too sure about tonight. Looked lovely earlier on, but at sunset the whole sky had a pretty pink hue all over it. Silly high thin cloud...

Might pop out for some lunar stuff and tick a few objects off my "moon top 100", but I was out for ages last night and only just defrosted.

Archived