Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

way too windy for anything tonight and not going to bother taking the scope down to the girlfriends as we are out for tappas on saturday night so wont have much time.hopefully next week will have some clear skies so i can start working through the clusters in my herschel guide :)

it was lovely last night and i had some friendsand their kids round - none of them had ever looked in a scope before. all were blown away by jupiter!

one of the dads is now looking at getting a smallish goto frac for his 10 year old lad (and himself!) to take up the hobby. so i'll have to do some ssearching on here to give him some pointers.

Hi mate, I will be deffo going out - but because I am busy till around 11pm in Stockport, I will be going to Peak District instead, doing an late night/early morning session to get most out of Leo objects and catch Saturn as well. Do you fancy joining me? It won#t be that far for you from Wakey I reckon..

Cheers

Matej

At the minute it is very clear I am hoping to get up there between 8 and 8.30 should be good for an hour at least. The view south is not quite horizon and north is towards Wakefield so some light pollution that way. However we could meet then head down the road towards 3 acres where the road has no lights so pretty dark. Hopefully see some of you at the car park first though.

Well me and Dean braved sub zero temperatures! View at first was amazing lots better and darker than Parker road. Set up scopes then light cloud rolled over. Managed to align scope but viewing was then intermittent eventually frozen limbs got the better of us and we packed away. Even had a visit from local police obviously checking out we were not being naughty :tongue: Next clear sky should be good!

As soupy said just me and him absolutly brilient veiw at first then as usual set up and clouds rolled in then I thought I was going to pass out I got that cold then got second wind got first star aligned then went for second but couldn't see any so packed up and left hope its not so cold next meet

same up north yorks,i lasted an hour and a half with 10 seconds viewing every 5 mins interspaced wityh cloud.well annoyed at the weatherman plus my collamator must have run out of batteries and had to mend the connector on my power cable.managed a few clusters in cassiopeia but annoyed at driving 120 mile round trip with perfect weather forcast and its wrong again

Boys, shame to hear that you didn't have much luck last night. I was much more fortunate - went to the Peaks (around Edale, reasonably dark) at about midnight, had a great session, there were some clouds on the horizon but nothing serious. Bagged lots of new objects (actually got annoyed towards the end about how many galaxies there are in Virgo, haha) and stayed till 4am, then I was forced to go by my numbing limbs, haha!!

M57 in Lyra was a bonus...

Lets hope for clear skies soon again..

Cheers,

Matej

Archived