Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Welcome to the group Craig, and look forward to seeing you and everyone else at the Academy tonight.

Weather wise, it looks like possible patchy cloud with maybe some spots of rain but clearing later on so we'll see :shocked: Scope will be in car just in case.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the group Craig look forward to seeing you and everyone else tonight dont think am gonna be bringing scope as will be getting home and setting up in the back garden so I can do an imaging run with the new Astrograph as its quicker to pack away late on as work in morning.

well you can all blame me for any rubbsh weather tonight - i just took delivery of my first 2" ep!!!

SW 2" panaview 38mm :grin:

exit pupil is a little large at 7.6mm,so might get a bit of light loss unless my eyes are well rested and suitably dark adapted - but I have 12" of light grasp, so not the end of the world if i do lose a little. Should hopefully offer some really good views though!

post-26554-0-93062000-1378735734_thumb.j

Yep, agree with crash. So far 90% of my viewing has been with my 32mm revelation astro. Occasionally using my 15mm UWA on things like the ring. X50 and x100 covers pretty much everything. I just fancied the 38mm UWA for that space walk feeling and to assist in finding stuff.

And j have a nice 6mm ortho for when the planets show their face.

I WILL be buying a 2" 15mm uwa at some point though and a 2" barlow and solely using 2" format asap.

Yeah good to meet up and welcome to the new members hope they all enjoyed it as much as we all did.

Good to get some viewing in too with everyone and I hope we manage a group viewing soon.

Also some great work going into the society from everyone.Nick and Soupy great work too with the constitution.

Weather at least gave a couple of views

Excellent night lads we are on the home straight. Soon to be an official Society! :grin:

Viewing was sporadic with clouds but at least we got some in particularly loved the ring through Rich's Dob and dumbbell looked great in Damian's.

was typically crystal clear when I got home!

looking forward to the 16th now

had a really good evening last night - thanks for everyone who came!

cant beat getting the society up and running, and going for a beer and then an hours observing with great company.

my only complaint - and its a BIG one - is that last nights observing session has utterly bankrupted me for the next year. Just before putting away I looked at the cygnus area in my new 38mm 2" ep and then swapped in my 32mm 1.25" on the same patch of sky. It was like looking through a straw! I cant observe like that!!! So now i have to go and buy more 2" uwa eps. :lipsrsealed:

Until last night I was happy with my 32mm............. :embarrassed:

oh well, it can go in my frac to make it an 11x70 finder scope.

Nick (looking for a 26mm panaview and a 2" 14mm) C

Archived