Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

I hope it does improve crash as its looking clouded over here!

Only having the small newt I've got I couldn't pick it out last night?

Mountain biking for me next but got to admit I'm not relishing the thought as its cool out! Are you just viewing in the back garden crash?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a look in Astronomy Now and from what I can gather you need to send details about meets/society about 3 months before the issue is released. So we would miss the Octobor issue, but we could still send in a report about the inaugural meeting for a later issue. Would people be ok with that?

I will still contact them to find out details about getting our reports sent to them. Hope that makes some sense :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

That's 28 miles done next some tea and then I might set the scope up in the back garden? would've done winscar as the irritating little blighters aren't about now having just been up there. The building site still is though!!!

Surely the DX will support a 10" astrograph Kieran?probably needs adjusting in the plate a bit.not that I would usually suggest this but try OO customer service and see what they say.

Scope set up in the garden waiting and cooling.be out for 10 and hopefully get a few hours.after 10 easy herschels or hopefully a few more to take me over 100/400 :)

Hi guys. Sorry didn't manage to go to the bank today - but am going to pop in tomorrow morning. Will let you know what happens - will probably have to go back together with Damien to sign. Most likely Lloyds, as they don't charge for clubs & societies, unless anyone has any objections.

£160 given by people - thanks so much for helping get us off in the right direction!

Great stuff Steve just let me know when you want to arrange a bank visit.

I've given up on it tonight crash as the clouds have ruined tonights viewing!

Managed one messier M73 but M72 still eludes me as I just couldn't see it again?

Yes that sounds good Steve, and Jeremy go with what you can with Astronomy Now :smiley:

not had op Damian,it got cancelled as I was about to go down someone before me had complications will have to wait for another date now :huh:

cant believe you got some viewing in last night it wasn't very good here.

Tried alsorts last night trying to get right balance and could not achieve it, also as not used to using a Newtonian and realising it a meter in length when it's on the mount the focuser is way to high up when sat on the mount as its a big mount to start with will have to seek some advice on it but I'm thinking it way too big for the mount so may have to sell.

I only managed about half an hour in total so not brilliant.

Sorry to hear all that waiting came to nothing Soupy and a different date.

Newt's are long Kieran that's why you don't see much bigger than 10" on an equatorial mount.I did look at a 300pds originally but it was way too big with the eye piece at about 8' when at the zenith.Although for the photography I wouldn't think it a problem?

Excellent stuff Steve

Sounds like you had a better session than me crash.Looking forward to some dark clear skies when they finally appear!

if its too tall, could you not just "lop" a bit off the legs to lower it 2 foot? might seem drastic, but got to be cheaper than selling the ota at a loss. you can always buy a pier or another tripod for if you want to use a different scope on the eq. how much is an eq5 tripod? probably alot less than the potential loss you'll suffer on selling the ota.

Archived